Saturday, April 9, 2011

Introducing, Yen4Zen Yoga Studio!!

Hello! Namaste!
For those of you who have yet to be enlightened... There's a new Yoga Studio in town!
Yen4Zen joined the San Diego Yoga Community last Fall!

One sunny day while I was waiting to pick up my son from Kensington Preschool, I crossed paths with a "radiant red-head," who happened to be Rebecca Villa, the founder and owner of Yen4Zen Yoga in Kensington. My family had recently moved from Chicago and I was dying to get back on the mat and teach. This happenstance moment was the universe answering my prayers! Rebecca invited me to join her family/staff at Yen4Zen, and I am so blessed to be a part of her yoga journey.

Rebecca's studio stands apart for several reasons. Let me tell you why...
Being a practitioner for several years I have pretty much been in every kind of yoga school from your average studio to warehouses, yurts, tomato farm huts, parks, beaches, hostels... Yes, everywhere!
The studio is a quaint sanctuary, painted it soft hues of green and decorated in deities, its a pleasantly sweet place to meditate and practice yoga... while listening to the soft hum of life on Adams Ave. Rebecca has captured the essence of a yoga sanctuary.

The saying, "good things come in small packages" is definitely appropriate for this studio. As an Instructor, I have embraced this studio and its unique energy. It allows for the Instructor to work individually with each practitioner. It is much easier to be attentive to each yogis individual needs in a smaller space or with smaller class size.

When we begin down our yogic paths we are drawn to different schools, spaces, styles of teaching... Dipping in and out, developing an appetite/addiction for yoga!
So, I invite you to taste Yen4Zen, I don't believe you will be disappointed!

The Community of Kensington has truly embraced the studio, as it allows most students to roll out of bed or take a short stroll to their mats! Not bad! Saturday Mornings a small group of yogis meet at the Ken Cafe for a cup of Joe and a brisk walk to follow. After there coffee/tea "walk&talk" they head over to the studio for a morning Vinyasa Practice with "me", Gabrielle.
I thought this would be a great way to take our practice and energy off the mat and into the community. Supporting local business and strolling the beautiful neighborhood of Kensington... In hopes it will stir curiosity and our following will grow!

We we also be at the Adams Ave. Healing Arts and Roots Fest, the last weekend in April, so please come check us out! We will be teaching Family and Kids Yoga to all...
Check us out on the web: Yen4ZenYoga.com for current schedules, upcoming workshops, events, etc
Yen4Zen shares space with Good Vibrations Family Chiropractic in Kensington, 4060 Adams Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment